My specialty expertise includes congenital and acquired deformities and limb lengthening. In addition to my work at the Department of Pediatric Orthopedics and Foot and Ankle Surgery at the Orthopedic Hospital Speising, I was able to learn the latest treatment concepts at the renowned International Center for Limb Lengthening in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, and at the Ilizarov Center in Kurgan, Russia.
Early on, I specialized in general pediatric orthopedics (including pediatric knee and hip conditions, such as hip dysplasia and Perthes disease).
Another focus is congenital foot deformities. As early as 1999, I was introduced to the Ponseti method for clubfoot treatment in Baltimore and later was able to gain additional experience with that technique when visiting Dr. Ponseti in Iowa City, Iowa, USA. In 2002, I was able to establish the Ponseti method of clubfoot treatment in the Orthopedic Hospital Speising.
Speaker and Faculty
- Annual Baltimore Limb Deformity Course (BLDC)
- Taylor Spatial Frame and Ilizarov Courses, Vienna
- Taylor Spatial Frame Visiting Surgeon Program (VSP) at the Orthopedic Hospital Speising
- Precice Lengthening Nail System Preceptorship at the Orthopedic Hospital Speising
- Pediatric Foot Workshop of the German Association for the Foot and Ankle
- Review Course of the German-speaking Association of Pediatric Orthopedics
- Clubfoot courses and workshops in various countries
Memberships and Affiliations
- Austrian Society for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery (OGO)
- European Pediatric Orthopedic Society (EPOS)
- German-speaking Association of Pediatric Orthopedics (VKO)
- Ponseti International Association (PIA)
- Medical Advisory Board of the Global Clubfoot Initiative (GCI)
- Austrian Doctors for Disabled (DfD)